These Gluten Free Double Chocolate M&M’s Cookies are so delicious, fudgy and chewy that you’d never know they were made with gluten free flour!
This weekend, I hung out with my 8-year-old niece. She’s amazing…and she loves to cook and bake. Every time I make a meal (or anyone does), she wants to help or she wants to do it herself and doesn’t want anyone else to help. So, when we had a weekend wide open, I decided to have a big baking weekend. We made pie crust from scratch, pureed pumpkin, made tacos, and baked these Gluten Free Double Chocolate M&M’s Cookies. Now, I didn’t tell her that they were gluten free until she ate one and loved them…. And I’m not sure she understands what it actually is. Do any of us?
Well, the chocolate M&M’s cookies are so delicious…so fudgy and full of chocolate. You really need to drink some milk with these cookies. They are well worth the calories and totally satisfy any chocolate craving you have.
Alright, I have to say that I wasn’t a believer. I basically thought that every gluten free flour that I’ve tried before makes my food taste like cardboard. I tried the Cup4Cup pizza crust mix a few months back and the pizza was great. So, I picked up a bag of their all purpose flour shortly after and I let it sit for like a month or two. I mean, how the heck is this rice flour based all purpose flour going to work…it can’t possibly taste exactly the same. Boy, I was wrong. I can admit it. This flour is amazing! Over the weekend, I took the plunge because I really wanted chocolate cookies without a stomachache. I didn’t have to adjust my go-to recipe or the baking time. And, they were perfect.
Speaking of my go-to recipe, I am a big fan of this recipe from Love From the Oven lately so my recipe is based off of it with a couple small changes.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups Cup4Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup plain M&Ms
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with silpats and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter for one minute with a stand or hand mixer or until light and creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix until they are incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix for one minute.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in half of the dry ingredients until it is incorporated. Then add in the remaining portion of the dry ingredients and mix. Make sure you scrape the sides to ensure all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Once the batter is ready, mix in the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- Using a small scoop, scoop each cookie rolling it into a ball and slightly flattening them before placing them on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. They will be gooey so let them sit on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.