This thin crust pizza is topped with pesto, artichokes, creamy goat cheese and chicken. It’s the perfect pizza for dinner al fresco with a glass of wine. You will love it!
The inspiration for this pizza came from a recent night out at a wine bar. It was a beautiful evening to sit outside with a bottle of wine (ok, there may have been two bottles), eating delicious pizza and catching up with some friends. We easily ate the whole thing. The original pizza had olives and pine nuts and was vegetarian.
I loved the original pizza so much that I decided to recreate it at home. The pizza has this light but rich flavor that I absolutely love. It isn’t covered in cheese like traditional pizza but the goat cheese gives you plenty of cheesy goodness. Now, if you don’t like goat cheese, you can swap it out for feta cheese but it won’t be as creamy. Still delicious but the texture and the taste will be different.
The pizza crust is thinner, which is what I prefer unless I can get Giordano’s deep dish pizza. Mmm. Pizza. I used Lauren’s Latest Fail Proof Pizza Crust, which is delicious. It actually has honey and not sugar in it, which I love. Instead of using the whole pizza crust on one pizza, I cut it in half and made the crust pretty thin. P.S. I used the rest of the dough to make a margherita pizza. Yum yum!
This pizza recipe is so delicious and easy to make that it is the perfect weeknight dinner but impressive enough to make when you have company too.
- 1/2 pizza crust
- 1 chicken breast
- 7 oz pesto
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 can/jar artichoke hearts, chopped (about 12-14 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: Pine nuts
- Make the pizza dough according to the directions (or pick up some dough at Trader Joe’s).
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Cover the pizza stone with the olive oil.
- Grill the chicken breast until fully cooked. Chop into small squares.
- On a baking mat, roll out half the dough to desired size and place on the stone.
- Spread on the pesto, leaving about a half inch of space from the end so that the pesto oil doesn’t run off the stone and smoke you out.
- Chop the artichokes if needed and add them to the pizza.
- Add the chicken and goat cheese, by pinching pieces of the goat cheese off the log.
- Bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes until the crust is golden brown.